Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Healthy hair

Hey everyone,
I promised that I would blog at least once a week. unfortunately that didn't work out. with work and school I've been a little occupied. I'm back though and today we will be talking about healthy hair. Our hair goes through  too much heat (blow dry/flat iron),bad dye jobs (coloring),  too much styling, harsh shampoos, ponytail holders, tangled, exporsure to the sun and too much washing. In order to keep your hair looking healthy and long you must always get a trim.
my hair was bouncy and healthy in this pic


everyone has a prefrence when it comes to their hair length. wether you hair is long or short it is your responsibilty to keep it healthy. A lot of us hold on to our long hair because we have the fear of trimming. but ask yourself this would you rather have a skinny ponytail or a thick healthy ponytail? According to my hair stylist hair must be trimmed atleast every 8 weeks but if you have a damaged hair the first 6 weeks for check up. I love my hair an im never pissed if my hair stylist says "patra you need a trim" im always like "do what you gotta do". ive seen a lot of skinny ponytails and I dont want to put my hair through that. so trimming is a neccesity ladies and gents
What we use on our hair determines the growth. too much heat (blow drying/ hot combs/flat ironing) is not great for our hair. and if you are the type that is addicted to try to use them twice a week. When flat ironing or blow drying my hair i always use protective products to prevent the heat from burning my hair. use leave in conditions and always wrap your hair when going to sleep.
shampooing is also a huge factor. whenever you shampoo your hair you also have to condition it aswell. Try not to wash your hair on a daily base because you are washing the natural oils out. Atleast once a weak and if that's not great there are dry shampoo. it is a powder that you put all over your hair and keeps your hair clean aswell. i havent used it so i don't have a review for it :( .....

these are my few tips if you guys have any ideas on how to keep you hair healthy do share. till then Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment