Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My facial routine



Our faces go through so much, make up, sweat, break outs and so much more. With me it's all of the above. I started getting my eyebrows done in high school and a year ago I noticed I broke out a lot. My quick fix was to stop getting them just because i thought i had an allergic reaction to it. What you eat can also affect your skin. My photographer friend suggested that I should refrain from eating mayonnaise. In my head I'm like "uh i don't remember having any allergies" so what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? I gave it a shot and amazingly it worked i slowly saw results. The last thing is not cleaning your face. With my crazy schedule I'd come from a photo shoot straight to bed. cleaning your face should be a routine practised EVERYDAY. If you are bawling you get facial as much as you want. For me I get them once a month. I will share with you guys my regular regimen for those days I do it myself.

What you'll need
  1. facial cleaner
  2. facial scrub
  3. face mask
  4. face moisturizer
  5. wash cloth
Instructions
  1. If you have make up on remove it then wash your face, ears and neck area with a facial cleanser.
  2. With the facial scrub gently rub using your fingers in a circular motion all over your face. this is the time you spend focusing on the areas that need more attention. focus on your forehead, around your nose and wherever necessary. Rinse it off with warm water.
  3. Most face mask have direction on how long it should stay on. i use the Proactive facial mask and it can be used up to 3x a day and over night. (over night is my preference)
  4. This part shouldn't be skipped. steam your face to open your pores. There are so many different was of doing this my choice is using a wash cloth. dip your wash cloth in warm water or the temperature you can resist. squeeze the water out of it and press the wash cloth on your face. repeat this as desired. during the day time i always rinse of with cold water to close my pores after the steaming process.
  5.  Since I always sleep with my mask on I skip this part. Moisturizing is the last step. gently apply your facial moisturizer over your face and neck
That's it simple and cheap I hope it helped. Do you guys have any other tips on keeping your skin healthy?
Have a great a happy black history month everyone.

XO Patra

No comments:

Post a Comment