Friday, January 13, 2012

Life and scenery

Henna me up.
on the back


      Growing up my mother would decorate brides to be and brides maids with henna. I always enjoyed watching them glamed up. She new how to highlight so she'd ask you what you want, dark, medium  light, or combination :). to be honest i always thought the darker the henna is the more attention you get.  The good thing about henna is that it's not permanent. it lasts for at least three to four weeks. one may choose to re-apply or create your own design. Won't it be fun to have an original henna  all the time? Yes i love original :) 

The history of henna. Many people identify henna with the middle east, Egyptians(Africa) and the Hindus. This is so true. Henna was used on special occasions ONLY. Now its trending as a fashion statement. Which is awesome because you don't need a license and it's easy to learn Good thing is that I haven't heard of any problems or allergic reactions. yes ts a skin stain (dye) but there haven't been reports of infections. I like needles only at my doctors office so tattoo is not my cup of tea. Henna is pain free and that is what i will be into this spring -summer. More like my new obsession along side Solange. Here some of my fav pics.....

on the hand and this is an example of applied henna

on the foot before and after. for a darker dye you'd have to leave it on longer.

As you can see there's so much you can do with henna. i hope you enjoyed it and hopefully it will inspire you to create  unique designs, but if you like tattoo hey no problem beauty is pain. :) till then

xx Patra



No comments:

Post a Comment