Thursday, February 2, 2012

fashion finds "thrift edition"

My love for shopping is maybe a little sick but im pretty good at talking myself out of buying them. online shopping, over the phone shopping, street vendors, vintage, and most of all thrift shopping. the difference between thrift shopping oppose to going to a store is that 99% of the time no one will have what you have.

Back in High School I'd go to school dressed like everyone and yes it was a little frustrating. With my shopping habits came creativity. I found ways of transforming a basic outfit by accessorizing it with scarfs, necklace, replaced buttons and so much more. It was more unique, so me, and different. This was my way of standing out and that was my first affair with vintage. I established relationships with the street vendors and they'd notify me of new arrivals and clearance. Do I miss going to the stores nah not really because I still shopped on line.
Last week I was in Maryland and asked my boyfriend if he could take me to a thrift store. Luckily he new where one was. It was huge lots and lots of cute stuff  oh my........ x mas all over again :). Iwas thinking leather so I grabbed a leather skirt and the top wasn't hard to find. Here is a look of what I got. all under $8 because they had a clearance. Talk about a bargain. This is what I call look for less but it sure looks expensive.
top $3.99

skirt $5.99

Platform wedges borrowed from a friend

I paired the leather skirt with a button up shirt. You can't really see the detailing on the collar but it has a stitch pattern around it. since leather can be a little tacky the soft pearl top(blouse) to softened it. i'm the queen of accessories but like I said the top spoke for itself there was no need of over accessorizing. The look would be described as rocker meet chic. I hope you all love it and I will be doing more "fashion finds and outfits of the day" 
Where do you guys shop at?

XO Patra





4 comments: